Y’all asked for vegan cookies so I tested and tried as many as possible and this is the CLEAR winner. It not only gets my approval, but Mister’s as well! Peanut butter is her favorite food, after all 😉 Did I mention 4 of my non-vegan friends loved these too?!
If there ever was a contest for vegan cookies these would win an award! Until then, they totally win the Vegan Test Kitchen award for BEST vegan cookies.
So go grab yourself a glass of fresh, cold dairy-free milk and get to baking.
Just don’t be surprised when they disappear before your eyes 😉
Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes 2 dozen
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose organic flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 c creamy peanut butter
- 1 c organic light brown sugar
- 1/2 c light corn syrup
- 1/4 c coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 c roasted peanuts, chopped
- Which the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and salt) together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine the peanut butter, sugar, corn syrup, coconut oil, water and vanilla in a large bowl and mix with a mixer until smooth.
- Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a spatula. Be very careful not to over mix!
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of dough at a time into your hands and roll into balls, placing each onto baking sheets, approximately 2 inches apart.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to press the dough balls to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Sprinkle each ball with chopped peanuts.
- Bake until edges are set and the centers are soft, approximately 12-14 minutes. (I like to rotate the baking sheets halfway through baking to make sure they bake evenly).
- Remove the sheets from your oven and allow them to cool on the sheets for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to wire racks and allow to cool completely.
Serve with dairy-free milk of your choice!
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Not all sugars or flours are cruelty-free, some are bleached with animal bone. Visit my Shop to view the specific ingredients I use, guaranteed to be vegan! I’ve tested many different brands and have listed my favorites in my “Pantry Items” section.