If you love sweet potatoes baked to perfection and smothered in a sinfully sweet Thai peanut sauce than you are in LUCK, my friend.
Most nights I just don’t have an excess amount of time to cook. So I’m always searching for quick and beginner-friendly vegan recipes for dinner. When I stumbled upon this combination of flavors I knew I found a winner – the flavors are complex yet delicate. Sweet yet sinfully spicy. Mouth-watering, if I must say, now that I’m writing about it!
In my opinion, this is a perfect balance of spiciness and sweetness. The textures? Forget about it.
I can’t say enough good things about these sweet potatoes! They are so filling too! I love how delicious and healthy they are – one bite and I immediately penciled them into my monthly rotating dinner menu!
They are also AWESOME for lunch. SO quick! If you’re in a hurry try these sweet potatoes baked and ready to eat in 15 minutes or less!
If possible, add some coconut whipped cream on top – trust me, it’s worth the extra 5 minutes! 😉
Thai Sweet Potatoes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- ½ cup plant-based milk (ie. coconut)
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon chili garlic sauce (or sriracha)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey (or agave)
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- fresh cilantro to garnish (optional)
- 1 recipe coconut whipped cream (optional)
- Scrub the potatoes and bot dry with a paper towel.
- Poke holes in it with a fork and wrap each in a paper towel.
- Microwave on high for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Combine the plant-based milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic sauce, sesame oil, honey/agave, red pepper flakes, garlic, and salt in a food processor and pulse until creamy and smooth.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the bell pepper and sauté for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the green onions and stir as the sauce simmers, for 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Slice the sweet potatoes down the center and fill with the Thai sauce.
Top with cilantro and a generous scoop of coconut whipped cream. Prepare for your taste buds to be delighted 😉