Save this vegan meatballs recipe. Bookmark it, pin it, do whatever you need to do – just don’t lose it! This, friends, is my FAVORITE vegan meatballs recipe.
Since my favorite food has always been authentic, traditional Italian pasta with meatballs I have been testing all the vegan meatballs recipes I could find since going vegan.
One bite and boom – in the trash they went.
Until this one!
I love it!
It occurred to me one day that I could use my favorite meatless patties as a base for vegan meatballs. Duh – why didn’t I think of this sooner? Turns out the same company that makes the patties also makes “crumbles” – perfect for vegan meatballs!
So I whipped a batch up and paired them with my favorite marinara sauce and, well let’s just say … forget about it – other vegan meatball recipes, that is.
This is a winner! My vegan and non-vegan friends and family ALL agree. Oh and they taste even better with some vegan parmesan cheese sprinkled on top – just sayin …
So add this to your “favorites” folder, or wherever you save recipes and head to the kitchen. Just remember to save some for yourself – these will disappear fast!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
1 package Beyond Meat Beefy Crumble
1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
2 tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper
8 oz spinach – blanched, drained and chopped
1 c vital wheat gluten
2/3 c nutritional yeast
½ c whole wheat flour
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp tomato paste
2 c cooked rice
1 c tomato sauce
2 c high-quality marinara sauce
- Sauté the garlic over low heat for approximately 5 minutes
- Add the spices to the garlic and stir occasionally for approximately 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- In a medium size bowl combine the Beefy Crumble with the garlic and spice mixture.
- Add the spinach and cooked rice and combine with your hands until absorbed. Be careful not to over mix.
- Slowly stir in the tomato sauce and tomato paste. Mix until just combined.
- In a separate small bowl mix together the gluten, flour and nutritional yeast.
- Slowly fold into the beef mixture.
- Mix well.
- Using a small ice cream scoop make 1″ “meatballs” and place onto a baking sheet approximately 2″ apart.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Rotate the baking sheet and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes.
Transfer to a pot of simmering pasta sauce and enjoy over fresh linguine (or your pasta of choice)!
For additional yumminess add some vegan parmesan cheese on top.