Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse
My friends and family know that I'm a sucker for chocolate mousse. So testing and tasting this recipe was a lot of fun! It's super creamy and chocolatey, and perfectly sweet. You'll never know it's vegan!
- 1 c walnuts
- 1/2 c vegan coconut flakes
- 10 oz dates, pitted
- 12 oz tofu, extra-firm (pressed)
- 1/2 c coconut cream canned
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract we used Madagascar Bourbon
- 1/2 c pure maple syrup
- 1 recipe Whipped Coconut Cream
- 1 c dark chocolate peanut butter cups, chopped we used Justin's
- 1/2 c oatmeal
Grease 4-6 (8oz) ramekins with coconut oil or line with parchment paper.
In a food processor, blend the walnuts, coconut and dates until doughy and crumbly.
Transfer to the ramekins and press to form an even layer on the bottom of each.
Combine the (pressed and cubed) tofu, coconut cream, vanilla and maple syrup in a food processor until creamy and smooth.
Tasta and add additional maple syrup as needed.
Slowly pour the mousse over the crust(s) and cover with plastic wrap.
Transfer to the refrigerator and chill for 4 hours.
Remove from the refrigerator and top with Coconut Whipped Cream, oatmeal and chopped Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups.
Serve and enjoy!
Notes & More