Vegan Apple Cinnamon Muffins
One taste of these moist, vegan apple cinnamon muffins and you’ll be craving more! We tested this recipe a few times and listed our favorite ingredients below the recipe, so make sure to take note to get identical (or, as close to, identical) results when you make them!
Ultimate Autumn Muffins
We love fall here in New England. With the leaves turning and crisp, cool air we soon began craving something sweet, infused with apples, cinnamon and simple to bake and serve! Enter these mouth-watering muffins. They taste delicious with a vegan pumpkin spice latter or apple cider. Your choice!
Unbelievably Moist & Decadent
The secret, we believe, to making these muffins taste especially moist, was in the flaxseed “egg” and applesauce. Paired together they turned out to be the moistest muffins yet! Similar to our vegan Sweet Potato bread recipe. So delicious! 😋
Irresistible Vegan Apple Cinnamon Muffins
I personally loved the sliced almonds sprinkled on top. However, you can easily switch this up and top them with chopped walnuts or nut of your choice – or none at all! Your call. 😉 As for our other favorite ingredients, we discovered this Organic Applesauce from Thrive Market made from USDA certified organic apples made the moistest muffins! Likewise, freshly Ground Flaxseed is a critical component to this muffin recipe! These flaxseeds from Thrive Market made the best flaxseed “egg” in our muffin trials, which led to the moistest muffins. Try them for yourself! As always, we’re big fans of Madagascar Vanilla extract. No other vanilla extract is comparable! We loved how Simply Organic vanilla extract gave the muffins a pure, simple vanilla taste but didn’t overpower the cinnamon or apples.
Best Kitchen & Dining Products For These Muffins
Make sure to Pin this recipe for later – not only are these vegan apple cinnamon muffins perfect for breakfast, but they make a tasty snack for Thanksgiving day too!
Vegan Apple Muffins
These vegan apple cinnamon muffins are unbelievably moist and taste delicious with a steamy vegan pumpkin spice latte! Ready in less than an hour!
- 1 c organic apple sauce, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp whole premium flaxseed (we used golden)
- 1/2 c apple, peeled and chopped (we used Granny Smith)
- 1/3 c vegan organic sugar
- 4 tbsp pure organic maple syrup
- 5 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp pure Madagascar Bourbon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c organic vegan pastry flour
- 1/2 c almonds, blanched and slivered
- 2 tsp ground Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 c almonds, blanched and slivered
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
Roughly slice the apple, add to a food processor and and pulse to chop. Set aside.
Grind the whole flaxseed in a coffee or spice grinder. In a medium sized bow, mix together the ground flaxseed and water and set aside to thicken (approximately 5 minutes).
Once the flaxseed "egg" is firm, add the organic apple sauce, chopped apple, organic vegan sugar, coconut oil, pure maple syrup and Madagascar Bourbon vanilla extract to the bowl and stir to combine with a solid spoon.
In a large bow, whisk together the dry ingredients and once combined, use a large spatula to very gently fold in the wet ingredients.
Be careful to not over-mix! Over-mixing will cause the muffins to be dry and crumbly.
Scoop the batter into the muffin liners filling each about 3/4 full. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 c almonds.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of one muffin comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and allow to slightly cool for approximately 5 minutes in the muffin pan.
Once cool, carefully remove each muffin to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
Serve with a tall, cold glass of plant-based milk or a steamy vegan pumpkin spice latter and enjoy!
Leftover may be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days or frozen for up to one month.
Shop The Post
- For the moistest muffins use this Organic Applesauce from Thrive Market! It's made from USDA certified organic apples and you can eat the leftovers for a healthy snack.
- Fresh, Whole Flaxseed is a critical component to this muffin recipe! These flaxseeds from Thrive Market made the best flaxseed "egg" in our muffin trials, which led to the moistest muffins. Try them for yourself!
- Madagascar Vanilla extract is undeniably the best. We loved how Simply Organic vanilla extract gave the muffins a pure, simple vanilla taste but didn't overpower the cinnamon or apples.
Recommended Kitchen & Dining Products