Fresh Lemon & Pepper Pasta
This pasta is creamy, light and ready in just 30 minutes. Perfect for those nights you're in a rush and want something delicious, fresh and oh-so creamy. You're gonna love this!
- 2 1/2 c fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 c plant-based milk (unsweetened) we used cashew
- 1/4 c cashews, soaked overnight see note
- 1/2 lemon juice of 1/2 lemon or 2 tbsp
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz spagetti noodles cooked
- 1/4 c pine nuts, toasted optional
- 1/4 c green onions, chopped optional
Add cauliflower florets to a pot of boiling water and cook for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Strain.
Add the cauliflower to a blender with the plant-based milk, cashews, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, sea salt and black pepper. Blend until creamy and smooth, approximately 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a saucepan over low. Slowly add the minced garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until golden and fragrant.
Add the cauliflower sauce and increase the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Once the sauce begins to bubble add the cooked pasta noodles and toss to coat.
Add additional plant-based milk, sea salt and black pepper as needed to reach your desired taste and consistency.
Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts, green onions and additional squeezed lemon for extra-amazing-ness!
Soak the cashews for at least 2 hours or boil for 10 minutes to soften.
SHARE THE VEGAN RECIPE ♡